We would like to strongly encourage all members to attend the following courses at the end of this month. As always, it’s vitally important that the boarder MTB community is represented.
The Program includes a keynote presentation on the Blue Derby Trails in Tasmania – arguably the best trail town development in Australia.
· “Establishing a world-class trail network: The Blue Derby Experience” (Chris Hughes, Community Services Manager, Break O’Day Council, Tasmania)
· “What’s a Regional Trails Masterplan and do we need one? (Lenore Lyons, Executive Director, GSCORE)
· WORKSHOP: “Blue sky thinking: What is the Great Southern’s unique trail proposition?” – Have your say on trail development. What types of trails do you want to see built in the region?
Optional Trail Building Workshops:
For those interested in learning more about best-practice trail design and construction, we are also running two optional Trail Building Workshops. The first will focus on theory and best-practice design, and the second will be a hands-on practical session. Please note that places are limited for the trail building workshop and a registration fee of $55 (GST incl) applies for the theory workshop.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Trail Town Forum is targeted at:
· Businesses servicing the trails and tourism sector (including accommodation, tours, attractions, hospitality and retail, consulting services)
· Businesses involved in trail building and construction industries (including engineering, construction, and earthmoving businesses)
· Trail Managers and Trail Marketing organisations, including local government, state government agencies, not-for-profit organisations, and local tourism organisations
· Clubs and Associations, and members of the public that regularly use trails
WHERE AND WHEN?
Trail Town Forum
Trail Building Design
Trail Building Practical Session
9:00am – 12:30pm
1:30pm – 5:00pm
9:00am – 12:00pm
Albany Entertainment Centre
RSVP: 25 May. Please register at: https://tickets.evnto.com.au/8BDM7X/albany-trail-town-workshop