For those that don’t know, the Albany Mountain Bike Club’s AGM was last Tuesday night. Here’s a quick update for those that missed out:
- Chris Idle – President
- John Rechichi – Vice President
- Dave Polette – Secretary
- Natalie Pearson – Treasurer/Women’s Coordinator
- Brad Waldron – Kid’s Coordinator
- Adam John Halsall – Downhill Rep
- Dave Marshall – Urban Downhill Rep
The race will run again in 2015 (pending sufficient volunteer support). It’s been said a thousand times, but kudos to Dave, Paul, Paul and the rest of the team for an epic event in the worst of conditions! The support at the AGM was great, with members committing to many of the roles. Please email Dave Marshall if you would like to volunteer – this event can only run with your support.
There was a lot of discussion about the direction of the club for the next year, I’ll try summarise as best I can:
- Improve club membership – only a small percentage of local riders are members, I’d like to see us as a worthwhile club to be in for any local mountain biker! If you are interested in signing up please head over to http://www.mtba.asn.au/join – and don’t forget to select Albany Mountain Bike Club!
- More social rides – we’ve started this already, but I’ll try make this more regular (once per month?). These rides are to be inclusive of all abilities, and be a way for us to meet new riders, and for new riders to meet the MTB community.
- Kid’s development – taking what Brad has started and making it something even better! We’re working towards doing something for the IMBA Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day…watch this space! Kudos really needs to go to Brad Waldron here, watching that many kids trail up the hill on a Sunday morning is apretty impressive sight!
- Local Club Racing – there are a few hurdles to overcome, but I’d like to work towards holding some local XC and DH races (or maybe some Enduro?) It was suggested that Nav not be allowed to compete in any local XC race….
- Fundraising – all ideas welcome, all I came up with was the Bunnings Sausage Sizzle!
There were plenty of other points, including what has been happening over the last year. I’ll post the full minutes as they become available!
Lastly I would like to thank all the outgoing committee members for their work over the last year. There has been so much going on in the background – hopefully we can soon see some of that work result in some trails for Albany
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!