Entries are now OPEN
Albany Mountain Bike Club is proud to present our annual club Downhill Race on the Mt Clarence Downhill track. It’s time to dust of the bike, get some gear on and hit the trail. Race against your mate or rival, challenge yourself or bring a friend for some MTB trail fun.
Parking is available at the bottom of Apex Drive or allocated parking bay. Please don’t park on the side of the road.
- Where: HQ set up at Apex Lookout Carpark
- When: Sunday 15th August 2021
- Sign in Desk Open: 0900
- Marshall Briefing Start: 0900
- Practice Opens: 0930
- Qualification Run Starts: 1100
This is a Club DH round, held on the Mt Clarence Downhill Track. Rider insurance through MTBA or Auscyling required.
Open to anyone age 7 or over! There are grades to accommodate all skill levels, so this is a great chance to have a go at downhill racing! Spectators are welcome.
All Riders must sign on before practicing the course. Rider must have completed one full practice run by the end of practice. Only designated officials and riders wearing appropriate gear and helmet, will be allowed onto the course during official practice sessions.
Protective equipment requirements:
• Australian Standard approved or equivalent Full Face Helmets are mandatory
• Elbow Pads or Long sleeve jerseys
• Knee pads if wearing shorts
• Body armour is highly recommended
• Bike must be functional with working brakes. Handle bars must have Bar ends or Plugs.
As usual we need volunteers to run our events. This round requires 8 track marshals. If you have some supporters coming along, want to get up-close to the racing, or just aren’t in the mood for riding this round, please contact us via email or via our Social Media prior to the day, and report to the rego desk at 1200. As an added incentive (to just that warm fuzzy feeling for helping out !), volunteers that register prior to the day will receive One FREE Entry to a subsequent club round of their choice.
Adult Entry $20.
Junior Entry $10.
Late or On the Day Regos will cost an extra $20 for adults and $10 for Junior riders.
TO PURCHASE AN ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP AND FOR MORE INFORMATION, HEAD TO https://www.auscycling.org.au/membership/race-off-road
OTHER AUSCYCLING MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE:
– FAMILY MEMBERSHIP https://www.auscycling.org.au/membership/other/family-membership
– 4 WEEK FREE TRIAL https://www.auscycling.org.au/membership/other/free-trial
– ONE DAY EVENT LICENSE https://www.auscycling.org.au/membership/other/event-licences
f: https://www.facebook.com/albanymtbclub w: https://albanymtb.com.au/